Wednesday, November 19, 2014

New Painted Papers=New Art

I  have  to  say  that  this  has  to  be  one  of  my  favorite  ways  to  create  art--'painting'  with  my  papers that  I  painted.   The  first  thing  I  did  this  time  was  get  out  my  Gelli  Plate--


I'm  still  a  beginner  when  it  comes  to  the  gelli  plate,  but  you  still  get  great  results.  The  scraps  that  you  see  laying  there  are  what  I  used  as  masks  on  the  plate,  and  they're  ready  to  use  as  collage  also.

Next,  I  went  for  texture--


I  got  out  my  heavy  gel  medium,  stencil,  and  texture  comb (hair  pick)  for  the  front  2  papers,  and  the  back  one  is  textured  wallpaper.

And  then  more  painting  with  all  of  my  paint  that  I  had  out--


added  with  my  printed  papers--there  ended  up  being  a  good  amount  to  play  with.   I  just  want  to  mention  that  all  of  these  papers (including  the  textured ones  in  the  photo  above)  are  a  110lb  cardstock  paper--stands  up  to  anything!  I  paint  on  these  like  I  would  on  a  canvas  or  any  surface,  for  that  matter.   I  get  it  at  Staples  (office  supply  store),  in  a  big  pack  that  lasts  a  Long  time.

I  started  with  a  6  x  18  wood  deep--edge  cradle  board--


I  really  like  this  size.....so.....I  made  another  one..


....this  time  I  used  my  textured  paper  for  the  roof..


...and  added  some  fun  embellishments..


a  knob  and  an  old  door  faceplate  that  I  painted  to  match  with  the  colors  of  the  house.

And  1  more  6 x 18--


haven't  made  an  angel  in  a  while--this  was  fun--I  added  some  ephemera  to  the  dress--really  liked  how  she  turned  out!

More  paper  fun--


using  up  those  scraps  this  time  on   8 x 8  cradle  boards..



And  1  more--probably  my  favorite--my  'upcycled'  piece--



a  cupboard  door


I'll  always  find  a  use  for  all  of  the  'stuff'  that  I've  collected  over  the  years  : )

9 comments:

Juls said...

love checking out your blog, your work is so inspirational ... love it all, especially love the lady canvas :-) xx

Lisa Graham said...

Your colorful art is so gorgeous Diane. I usually follow you on FB, but thought I would pop over and wave hi at you the "old fashioned" way via blog. :)

I always forget about making my own papers. I really should do that more often. I do like to paint tea bags a lot too. Your papers are gorgeous. I think you did great with the jelly plate.

xo

Unknown said...

fantastical...

stefanie stark said...

How wonderful! You performed magic artwork with your papers!

Autumn Leaves said...

There isn't one of your creations that I haven't loved. Hard to pick a favorite out of these beauties. Love that textured paper used on the roof...Love the "LOVE" piece...Love the lady with a dream and I adore the HOME piece too!

Say It In Color said...

Beautiful work!!! It is always so much fun to see what you put together!!

Sue J said...

Great pieces. Joyous colours :)

Susanna said...

Oh Wau! I just found your interesting blog! Beautiful and colorful artwork here! I love your art!!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful ideas.thanks for the inspiration

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails