Monday, October 6, 2014

New Poppies

Ever  since  I  started  painting  poppies (a  couple  of  years  ago)--I  knew  right  then  that  they  were  my  favorite  flower  to  paint--


And  I  have to  give  my  Golden  fluid  acrylics  part  of  the  credit  for  helping  these  flowers  come  to  life.  The  main  colors  I  used  were  Alizarin  Crimson  Hue  and  Cadmium  Red  Medium  Hue (that's  the  main  color)  with a  little  bit  of    Titan  Buff,  Burnt  Umber,  Carbon  Black,  and  Yellow  Ochre--and  even  a  teensy  bit  of   Light  Turquois  (phthalo)--thats  a  golden  heavy  body  acrylic--love  that  color!!   I  finger-painted  with it on  the  background  so  I  wanted  to  add  a  touch  to  the  flowers.   So  my  point  being--it  really  helps  to  use  a  good  paint  when  you  want  to  bring  your  painting  to  life--these  look  so  much  better in  real  life!


This is on   12  x 36  gallery  canvas--great  size!



Here's  a  close-up  view  of  this  painting--


....to  show  you  the  background--I  started  out  by  collaging  a  map  on  to  the  canvas--it  adds  great  texture  under  the  paint


And  still  keeping  those  colors--I  decided  to  paint  some  papers--


I'll  show  you  what  I  do  with  these  in  my  next  post--stay  tuned.......

4 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

so BRIGHT, Bold and FUN!

Christine said...

love tulips too...

Janet Ghio said...

I love your poppies--the colors on your pieces are fabulous! And I always love to see the papers you have made. I visit your blog often, but when visiting thru bloglovin am unable to leave a comment--I have to google your blog separately from bloglovin so most of the tie I am too lazy to do that. Anyway always love seeing your art. Are you still a survivor fan??

Autumn Leaves said...

So exquisite!! I love the color choices too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails